Saturday 4 December 2010

Its the weekend again

For most in society this is a break from the norm a chance to relax or do something different. Well not in our household and I presume many carer households length and breadth of the country. The morning emerged from the waking night duties much as it does on any other day. I finally got myself upright at about 07:00 made the first of many cups of coffee tried to loosen up my aching joints and limbs so that I could tackle the gymnastics / power lifting it takes to get Hubby up and out of bed.

Today is bowel day so poor old Hubby has to take various concoctions this morning to loosen up his stools. We will put him back to bed at about 15:00hrs this afternoon, stick a suppository up his arse, wait an hour and then the latex gloves come out ....no I am not going to go into graphical detail but will leave to the reader's imagination, needless to say it does not come out unaided!!

Hence the line in my poem :

I’m not Superwoman, just a Caring Wife.
Just a note to make a wares,
just in case someone cares.

Every time he cries with the pain, shouts and blames me, who is it in the firing line, is
it superwoman ? oh no its just me.

Every time suicide is in the air, his pain he can not bear, who is there, is it
superwoman ? oh no its just me.

Every time he angrily asks, why the medicos are not doing their tasks, who is there, is
it superwoman? oh no its just me.

Every time his feet fly off his chair, spasming in mid air, who is there, is it
superwoman ? oh no its just me.

Every third day who is there to collect the sh**, not a wife’s normal bit, is it
superwoman ? oh no its just me.

Every six hours to collect the p***, without a miss, is it superwoman? oh no its just me.

Every time he needs shifting who is doing the lifting, is it superwoman? oh no its just
me.

Every time he passes out, with blood pressure no doubt, is it superwoman? oh no its
just me.

Every time a new drug supply, who is it to apply, is it superwoman? oh no its just me.

Every time we ask for help and the medicos whelp, who is there, is it superwoman?
OH NO, WHY IS IT JUST ME?

No comments:

Post a Comment